Thursday, July 8, 2010

Personal Brand DNA

Personal Brand DNA + personal logo tryouts (from value combinations). Reflect on your attempts to match your Brand DNA with your values, and incorporating them in the logo - revisit your CAAS projects and pull out the most important learning points from that assignment. In terms of the branding process, what do you think are the similarities and differences between personal and corporate brands? (200 + words).

My experience matching my values with my brand DNA was tedious. Partly because I realised that i barely know myself enough to categorize myself. It was also because I found that I am still maturing and am not ready to define what I am now as how I will be in the future to come. The categorization that i give now may be invalid in a few months time.

This brings me to realise that both personal and corporate brands have one thing in common. The person or the corporate must be sure and firm of their visions and missions. For example, it would not be the same brand if one day Nike decides to jump into food and beverage and not sports equipment anymore. Not only that, they have to ensure that their brand describes them for more than just a year or two. It have to last them enough to leave a strong impression such that the mere mention of a word would relate back to the brand.

The difference, however is not too huge. Personal branding would be less formal. Corporate branding would need to be more formal. Personal branding revolves around you. Your achievement, the car that you drive, your credibility. The vision and mission for YOU. But a corporate brand is bigger than that. It is of a larger scale. It involves the vision and mission for EVERYONE involved in the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment